- This event has passed.
CfP Smart5Grid @ IEEE International Smart Cities Conference
September 26 @ 7:00 am - September 29 @ 4:00 pm CEST
In the context of the 8th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (https://attend.ieee.org/isc2-2022/) , which will take place in Paphos, Cyprus on the 26th-29th of September, Smart5Grid Project organises a Special Session on 5G for Smart Cities and Smart Grids and calls for Papers:
The technical areas include, but are not limited to:
- 5G-enabled network applications (NetApps) for advanced monitoring and control of smart grids
- 5G-enabled IoT for advanced monitoring and control applications for smart cities and smart grids (e.g., renewable distributed energy resources, active participation of green energy communities in real-time balancing markets, etc)
- advanced measurement systems for smart grids and smart cities applications
- cloud native solutions and chaining of virtual network functions (VNF) for NetApps serving smart cities and smart grids
- innovative architectures for development, testing and validation of NetApps
- digital twin frameworks for 5G-enabled testing and validation of solutions for smart grids and smart cities
- 5G edge computing for offload devices computational burden
Paper submission deadline: 20 July 2022
Learn more here: https://www.kios.ucy.ac.cy/ISC2track5G/
The IEEE International Smart Cities Conference is the flagship IEEE Smart Cities event which brings together practitioners, city policymakers & administrators, infrastructure operators, industry representatives and researchers to present technologies and applications, share their experiences & views with current and future Smart Cities applications. The conference includes keynote and panel session discussions, tutorials given by experts on state-of-the-art topics, and special sessions on emerging topics with the aim of complementing the regular program.