The White Paper on Research Beyond 5G has been made public on the NetWorld 2020 web site
The NetWorld2020 Expert Advisory Group has drafted a White Paper on the topic of Research Beyond 5G. You can download it here.
The Expert Group is now inviting the NetWorld2020 community, and any interested stakeholder, to participate in a public consultation on the draft whitepaper. The objective is to collect feedback from the community. Based on the received feedback the document will be updated and finalised, followed by an endorsement process within the ETP.
Comments can be submitted via a webform. Deadline is 30 November 2015.
NetWorld2020 is the European Technology Platform for communications networks and services. Communications networks enable interaction between users of various types of equipment, either mobile or fixed; they are the foundation of the Internet. The NetWorld2020 European Technology Platform gathers players of the communications networks sector: industry leaders, innovative SMEs, and leading academic institutions.
This results in the mission statement of the NetWorld2020 Platform:
- To develop position papers on technological, research-oriented and societal issues, which are agreed in NetWorld2020 bodies to receive a joint mandate.
- To seek discussion of issues with decision makers in the political and public domain as well as in the industry and research community to bridge the gap between research and innovation and the expectations from the European society.
- To regularly develop an updated Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) for Europe in the communication networks domain in an open process in order to guide industrial and long-term oriented research and to provide means for future economic exploitation in global standards and the widespread deployment of communication systems and networks.
- To strengthen Europe’s leadership in networking technology and services so that it best serves Europe’s citizens and the European economy.
- To support the 5G PPP initiative by providing the association members representing a broad spectrum of the 5G stakeholders, through an open election process, producing a comprehensive Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the 5G domain with frequent updates, and promoting the active involvement of the ETP community in 5G initiative proposals and projects
- To support general communication networks R&D&I issues.
Link to NetWorld2020 website and twitter account: