Cooperation Agreement to foster developments on 5G for public safety stakeholders between 5G-IA and PSC Europe
Brussels, May 24th, 2018. Public Safety Communication Europe, the European public safety Association, and 5G Infrastructure Association, representing the European industry in the 5G PPP Research Programme, have signed a Cooperation agreement to foster collaboration on 5G development.
PSC Europe and 5G Infrastructure Association share a common interest in ensuring that 5G will bring the necessary developments to the security and safety communications for improving the activities of the PPDR community.
It is therefore with this common interest in mind that both organizations agreed this week to establish a partnership. The main activities of this partnership will include exchanging information between the two organizations on 5G developments, participating in industry events, congresses and joint promotional activities and contributing with their respective expertise to enhance the inputs of PPDR stakeholders and Verticals on the development and deployment of 5G.
“The PPDR sector is undergoing an important transition with the deployment of mission critical mobile broadband technology. PSCE is very happy to help to bring the voice of the PPDR organizations and contribute to design the needs of the 5G Security Vertical. We are eager to develop this cooperation with 5GIA for the benefit of public safety and of our citizens” told Mr. Manfred Blaha, PSCE President.
“Public safety and PPDR are becoming a growing focus area in the digital economy, and will play a key role in the next decade. The 5G-IA is keen to develop this cooperation with PSCE, to enhance the involvement of public safety stakeholders in the 5G ecosystem” said Dr. Colin Willcock, 5G-IA Board chairman.
- The Public Safety Communications Europe Forum was established as a result of a European Commission funded project in 2008. Since then, PSCE has evolved into an independent forum, where representatives of public safety user organisations, industry and research institutes can meet to discuss and exchange ideas and best practices, develop roadmaps and improve the future of public safety communications.
- PSCE is a permanent autonomous organisation, working to foster excellence in the development and use of public safety communication and information management systems by consensus building.
- More information is available at psc-europe.eu
- The 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is the 5G collaborative research program that is organized as part of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 program – The European Union Program for Research and Innovation. It is aimed at fostering industry-driven research, monitored by business-related, technological performance and societal KPIs. The 5G PPP will deliver solutions, architectures, technologies and standards for ubiquitous next-generation communication infrastructure over the coming decade.
- In the 5G PPP, the 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA) represents the private side and the European Commission the public side. The 5G-IA is committed to the advancement of 5G in Europe and to building global consensus on 5G. To this aim, the Association brings together a global industry community of telecoms & digital actors, such as operators, manufacturers, research institutes, universities, verticals and SMEs. The 5G-IA carries out a wide range of activities in strategic areas including standardization, frequency spectrum, R&D projects, technology skills, collaboration with key vertical industry sectors, notably for the development of trials, and international cooperation.
- More information is available at https://5g-ppp.eu/ – Twitter: @5GPPP
Press contact: Jean De Preter Mail to : secretariat(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)psc-europe.eu
5G Infrastructure Association
Press Contact: Alessandro Bedeschi Mail to: alessandro.bedeschi(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)5g-ppp.eu