5G Infrastructure Association (5G IA) elects its Board and continues working to ensure European leadership in 5G development.
BRUSSELS – October 23, 2018 – At its recent General Assembly, 5G IA elected its new Board for a term of two years until October 2020.
5G IA is the voice of the European industry for the development and evolution of 5G. Its objectives are to:
- Ensure a clear European voice on 5G
- Support a Europe wide 5G ecosystem, embracing research, standardization and development, academia, telecoms industry and verticals
- Represent the Private side of the 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP)
- Contribute to EU Digital Transformation programs and Horizon Europe strategic objectives leveraging 5G evolution
The eleven companies represented in the Board are: Orange, Telecom Italia Mobile, Telenor, SES, Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei, Thales, Nextworks, InterInnov and CTTC (Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya). For more information please visit: https://5g-ppp.eu/5g-infrastructure-association/. They are key stakeholders from the ecosystem and membership of 5G IA – https://5g-ppp.eu/our-members/.
At its first meeting following the General Assembly, the new Board confirmed:
- Colin Willcock – Head of Radio Network Standardization at Nokia – as Chairman of the Board
- Christine Leurquin – VP, Institutional Relations and Communications at SES – as the Vice-Chair of the Board
- Magnus Madfors – VP, Head of Technical Regulations Group Function Technology at Ericsson – as Treasurer
- Raffaele de Peppe – Senior Innovation Manager at Telecom Italia Mobile – as Chair of the “Verticals Engagement Task Force” (https://5g-ppp.eu/verticals/)
5G IA’s leadership includes also Jean-Pierre Bienaimé, Secretary General, in charge of the overall visibility and management of the 5G IA, and Alessandro Bedeschi, Head of Office, ensuring the operational well-functioning of the 5G IA.
Press Contact: Alessandro Bedeschi – alessandro.bedeschi(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)5g-ppp.eu
About the 5G Infrastructure Association
The 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is the 5G collaborative research program that is organized as part of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 program – The European Union Program for Research and Innovation. It is aimed at fostering industry-driven research, monitored by business-related, technological performance and societal KPIs. The 5G PPP will deliver solutions, architectures, technologies and standards for ubiquitous next-generation communication infrastructure over the coming decade.
In the 5G PPP, the 5G Infrastructure Association (5G IA) represents the private side and the European Commission the public side. The 5G IA is committed to the advancement of 5G in Europe and to building global consensus on 5G. To this aim, the Association brings together a global industry community of telecoms & digital actors, such as operators, manufacturers, research institutes, universities, verticals and SMEs. The 5G IA carries out a wide range of activities in strategic areas including standardization, frequency spectrum, R&D projects, technology skills, collaboration with key vertical industry sectors, notably for the development of trials, and international cooperation.
Learn more about 5G Infrastructure Association at www.5g-ppp.eu – Twitter: @5GPPP