ASSIST-IoT 2nd Open Call
The 2nd ASSIST-IoT Open Call has been officially announced. It started 1st July 2022 and ends 14thOctober 2022, 17:00 CET! The ASSIST-IoT project has reserved part of the project budget to fund specific activities in order to enhance and improve IoT features and applications and boost the NGIoT community across Europe. Third parties are expected to come along and carry out relevant actions during the project’s life cycle. These later-joining entities will be selected by the evaluation means of the Open Call which will be dedicated to integration and validation of the proposals within any of the ASSIST-IoT three pilots.
This Open Call aims at funding innovative proposals that will enhance ASSIST-IoT’s objectives framed (mandatorily) within one (out of its three) pilot(s). In particular, Open Call proposals are expected to address one specific challenge out of a list of possible challenges formulated by each pilot.
ASSIST-IoT 2nd Open Call timeline
ASSIST-IoT 2nd Open Call goals
- Validation and improvement of technical components of the architecture.
- Take up of ASSIST-IoT by application developers, domain experts and entrepreneurs to create new applications and services.
- Pushing ASSIST-IoT technology and service visibility on the market.
- Supporting an innovative, dynamic and industry open ecosystem around ASSIST-IoT results.
- Gathering new market relevant inputs ASSIST-IoT components and finding industry experts to improve technical capabilities as well as filling possible missing functions, needed adoptions or modifications.
ASSIST-IoT 2nd Open Call pilot challenges
- Low-cost accurate GPS development
- Data semantic translator for the context of maritime terminals
- Stack collision prevention in port yards
- Maritime CHE Path optimising
- MR support for OSH training in the construction field
- Vision-based hazard monitoring
- 2D/3D localization map user interface with BIM interaction
- Eco-driving and automotive navigation system as a service
- 3D Image registration in the context of automated vehicle inspection via scanner
- Reflections- and shadows-noise removal on scanned images of vehicles
- Image acquisition and processing from user-wear edge nodes
ASSIST-IoT 2nd Open Call global challenges
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable device layer components, based on different low-level communication standards or on ad-hoc proprietary device solutions.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable networking layer components, based on different standards higher-level communication standards or on ad-hoc proprietary networking solutions to be tested in ASSIST-IoT pilots.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable middleware layer components. These need to deal with the different middleware services such as discovery, management, querying, coordination and interaction.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable application service components. These should exploit major standards and be integrated with ASSIST-IoT API.
- Design, implementation and integration of interoperable data and semantics components. Specifically, semantics layer components have to deal with heterogeneous IoT ontology matching.
- Design, implementation and integration of virtualization mechanism for smart objects, including context aware mechanisms and transfer of virtual objects between servers and cloud platforms.
- Design, implementation and integration of fog/edge/cloud support mechanisms, including support for different services, inter cloud mechanisms applied to IoT and support for virtualization.
- Design, implementation and integration of AI/ML libraries and tools addressing ASSIST-IoT pilots.
Read more here.