5GZORRO Final Event – Towards a Dynamic Spectrum Marketplace
Sept. 19, 2022 – 5GZORRO is pleased to present in this Final Event, the latest results and outcomes on the ambitious goal stated at the initial stage: to define solutions for the 5G evolution in longer terms, having Zero-touch automation, security, and trust among multiple parties through blockchains, network slicing across ubiquitous computing and connectivity as key aspects of the investigation.
The main objective was to share our innovative approach to:
- Share and discover heterogeneous types of resources, in particular spectrum, virtualized radio access, virtualized edge/core, software defined WAN across multiple operators and infrastructures.
- Multi-party agreements to build distributed and pervasive 5G infrastructures, from data centres down to edge and far edge computing.
- Full automation of network and service management (zero-touch network and service management).
- Coexistence of Cloud-native and traditional IaaS network functions (containers, service meshes, microservices).
- Distributed Ledger Technologies for spectrum sharing and cross-operator/cross-domain service chains
In these past 36 months, due to the very innovative nature of the core topics covered by 5GZORRO research, the Consortium has worked very hard and invest a significant amount of resources in generating awareness and visibility for its results, both within the scientific community working on 5G and within network industry, operators, regulators, SMEs.
Since 5G has demonstrated to be one of the main catalysts of the pervasive digitalisation of our society: ultra-high bandwidth, low latency, increased density, and continuity of connectivity for various Vertical industries (Media, eHealth, Smart Cities, Digital Factories, etc.), the step forward is to achieve intelligent connectivity and to implement it without limits.
During the 5GZORRO Final Event, we aim to show more about the 5GZORRO innovative platform and speak with experts about the incredible opportunities offered by our proposals.
During the 5GZORRO Final Event, we aim to show more about the 5GZORRO innovative platform and speak with various stakeholders about the incredible opportunities offered by our proposals.
The Final Event will take place next Oct. 27th from University Carlos III Madrid Leganes, Spain @14:00-17:00 CEST.
With the participation of relevant guest speakers, this final 5GZORRO Tech Talk#5 will explore the new requirements and characteristics introduced by B5G and 6G networks, which have not been covered by previous solutions in the literature, and will touch the current efforts of major standardization groups to homogenize the main processes of trust models, the different angles currently considered to provide trust in cross-domain scenarios; as well as, some of the current solutions from other European projects.
Moderated by Prof. Gregorio Martínez Perez – University of Murcia