- This event has passed.
SONATA @ SOFTNETWORKING 2017
April 23, 2017 @ 8:00 am - April 27, 2017 @ 5:00 pm CEST
SONATA will participate in the next International Symposium on Advances in Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization, SOFTNETWORKING 2017, that will take place in Venice (Italy) on April 23-27th.
The Symposium is dedicated to the advances and challenges in SDN&NFV technologies and their applications. Some of the SDN&NFV-related topics will be:
– Software Defined Networking (SDN): concepts, challenges and architectures
– Control and Management in SDN; Network Operating Systems (NOS, ONOS) and virtualization in SDNs
– Network Function Virtualization concepts, challenges and architectures (NFV, OPNFV)
– SDN and NFV cooperation
– SDN and NFV standardization
– OpenDaylight (goals, platforms, interfaces and applications), OpenStack and SDN
– SDN Controllers design and implementation
– SDN Forwarding Elements design and implementation
– OpenFlow and Southbound Protocols
– Application programming interfaces for SDN
– Forwarding plane abstractions, programmability, languages
– Verification techniques and tools for SDN and NFV
– Performance evaluation, optimization and isolation of the Data and Control Planes
– SDN applications and use cases
– NFV applications and use cases
– Reliability, resiliency and fault management in SDN and NFV
– Security and privacy and in SDN and NFV
– Data and Control Plane scalability, inter-operability
– Autonomic (self) management technologies in SDN and NFV
– SDN/NFV architecture versus Content delivery and oriented networks, Information Centric Networking
– Operators and Service Providers business and deployment perspective on SDN and NFV
– Planning and Deployment of SDN/NFV technologies and applications in operational networks
SONATA participation will be structured in three blocks:
– Introduction to SONATA
– SOMA: NFV Service Development and Operations for the SONATA MANO Platform
– DEMO: SONATA NFV SDK and MANO Service Platform hands-on
For more information, please visit the link here.
SONATA is developing a NFV framework that provides a programming model and development toolchain for virtualized services, fully integrated with a DevOps-enabled service platform and orchestration system. SONATA initial results include:
- SONATA’s Network Service SDK: Facilitates network service development for third-party developers
- SONATA’s Service platform: Thanks to the modular design of its MANO framework, the platform offers high customization opportunities for both, Communication Service Providers and Service Developers.
- SONATA NFV DevOps Workflow: The SONATA system is designed for agile development and operation of network services. It enables a DevOps workflow between the SDK tools and the service platform, which allows developers and operators to closely collaborate.
The project results will be release through its 30 month workplan. SONATA first prototype was delivered at the end of the first year of the project, in June 2016. A qualified version will be delivered early in 2017. The final release of the SONATA platform will be public in the summer of 2017.
The project is committed to maintain a publicly available source code repository through the entire development process. SONATA outcomes are published in a public GitHub repository under Apache v2.0 license, a permissive license that guarantees full rights for adoption, modification and distribution.