5G IA Associate Membership
The 5G Infrastructure Association (5G IA) is committed to foster 5G research, development and deployment in Europe. At the same time, the 5G IA is preparing for the next chapter in the mobile communications story with the new ‘Smart Networks and Services’ Partnership, which will set the foundations for 6G (for more information: https://6g-ia.eu/sns-horizon-europe/).
In addition to Full Members, 5G IA Statutes allow organizations to join as Associate Members. Typically, Associate Members are companies whose core business is not network infrastructure but that are impacted by 5G and/or can contribute to the evolution of 5G towards SNS / 6G.
By definition, Associate Members are legal entities, complying with some of the following criteria:
- be involved in significant R&D activities in Europe,
- contribute to and/or support the overall value chain,
- be an organisation that represents interests that are relevant to the HEurope 5G Infrastructure PPP.
Associate Members may join the Association by invitation or by application. Legal entities meeting the criteria shall also have the right to apply for associate membership by providing a written notice to the Chairperson.
If you wish to apply for Associate Membership, please submit a request to 5g-i-a-membership(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)5g-ppp.eu stating clearly what sort of community you represent, what sort of value exchange your membership would bring and some information on your relation to European R&D.
Your application will be forwarded to the Board of the 5G Infrastructure Association who shall decide on all applications – taking into account the above criteria. You will be informed about the status of your application as quickly as possible. Membership applications can be submitted anytime.
Association Fiscal Year:
The Association fiscal year has to date started on July 1 and finishes on June 30 of the following year. However, to better align with the fiscal planning of the framework programme and to align the membership year with the financial year of most member organisations, the 5G IA general assembly has decided to change the financial year of the Association to match the calendar year i.e. from January to December each year.
As a consequence of this decision, the 2020/2021 financial year of the Association will be extended to 18 Months to the end of 2021 and an interim Membership model for the period July 2021 to December 2021 needs to be implemented.
Interim Membership Fee July 2021 to December 2021 for Associate Members:
This interim membership fee will ensure membership continuity for the period from when the 20/21 membership ends until the new membership year 2022 starts: Q3 & Q4 2021.
- Associate Members: 660.-€
- New Members joining the Association from 1 October 2021 until end December 2021 pay 50% of the interim membership fee.
Annual Membership Fees 2022:
The membership fees for 2022 have yet to be finalised by the General Assembly – the ambition is to increase the overall membership and grow the membership community to allow the membership fee increases to be at the lowest level possible while ensuring the industry share of the SNS Joint Undertaking office costs are secured.
From 2022 on, the Association fiscal year will start on the 1st January and will finish on the 31st December of the same year.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 January until end March (Q1) pay the entire membership fee.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 April until end June (Q2) pay 75% of the membership fee.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 July until end September (Q3) pay 50% of the membership fee.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 October until end December (Q4) pay 25% of the membership fee.
* Full Member: entity with legal personality, that: has a registered seat in a Member State, Candidate State or Associated Country of the European Union; and supports the mission and vision of the Association; and has research and development activities in a Member State, Candidate State or Associated Country of the European Union – https://6g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-membership-application/
** Associate Member: a legal entity, complying with some of the following criteria: be involved in significant R&D activities in Europe; contribute to and/or support the overall value chain; be an organisation that represents interests that are relevant to the HEurope 5G Infrastructure PPP. Associate Members may join the Association by invitation or by application – https://6g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-associate-membership/
*** Partners relationships are based on specific cooperation agreements (e.g. MoUs)
**** The first year, membership fee (for Full and Associates) depends on the period of the fiscal year when they join the Association, more information at https://6g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-membership-application/ and https://6g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-associate-membership/